Ngāti Koroki Kahukura
Nephi Tupaea is a multi-media artist and long-standing member of the artist collective Pacific Sisters. Renowned for her performances, installations, body adornment, spoken word, fibre activation and innovative costume designs, Nephi’s art practice is guided through tupuna intervention, where tikanga creates new conversations.
Nephi has exhibited works throughout Aotearoa New Zealand and internationally, including Auckland Art Gallery Toi o Tāmaki, Toimairangi – Te Wānanga o Aotearoa, Queensland’s Gallery of Modern Art (GOMA), Casula Powerhouse Arts Centre, Campbelltown Arts Centre, Carriageworks Arts Centre, the Biennale of Sydney and the Museum of New Zealand Te Papa Tongarewa.
- Māori Art (Maunga Kura Toi – Rauangi) at Te Wānanga o Aotearoa
SELECTED SOLO EXHIBITION
SELECTED GROUP EXHIBITION
- Auckland Art Gallery Toi o Tāmaki
- Toimairangi – Te Wānanga o Aotearoa
- Queensland’s Gallery of Modern Art (GOMA)
- Museum of New Zealand Te Papa Tongarewa